Right-click doesn't work.

palinka 10:25 10 May 2008

This was part of a post for several problems with a laptop, click here but though all the other problems are solved this one remains, so I'm starting this as a separate issue.

Toshiba laptop, "Satellite 1000-Z2". OS is XP.
No AV installed; and only SP1 installed. At present there is no internet connection, either. I can deal with those issues.
The problem is that right-click does not work, and it doesn’t matter where or what you right click – instead of producing a menu, a small window appears (measures 1.5 inches by 1 inch approx) that looks like the top right corner of any window .

There is a blue bar at the top with the name Easy Launcher – though the last 2 letters (er) are not visible – as if the window hasn’t opened properly. It has a Close cross, a Microsoft “flag”, a minimize icon, another cross, and an icon of someone escaping. Only two of these do anything: the Close cross closes and the flag opens the Start menu. In other words it’s a useless bit of kit. I assumed it was malware, but scans with a2; Ccleaner; etc, show nothing.

I don’t mind that it doesn’t do anything, what does give me problems is that I can’t right click; so, eg, how can I send anything to a flash drive? Or to burn something to a CD?

I’ve scanned the entire system with various anti-malware. They show nothing. Add/Remove programs doesn’t show Easy Launcher.

Umpteen Easy Launcher references in Google, but none that fits this one.

Can anyone suggest a solution, please?

VoG II 10:50 10 May 2008

Try running click here and disable Easy Launcher.

palinka 13:04 10 May 2008

thanks for that, VoG™. And I found the touchpad was set to use it on a right click, instead of menus - and I hadn't noticed that! Could have saved myself a lot of time if I'd done that earlier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?