Restricting XP

jcotton 21:25 07 Nov 2005

Hi

If I had 3 machines all running XP Pro and all connected to 1 server how would I restrict the machines. I know you can do group policies but after I have restricted them someone "less techincal" wants to look after these 3 PCs. Is there a program out there that is an easy to use very user friendly program that does the same as Group policies. Maybe something with a nice GUI and has loads of different options with tick boxes?

jcotton 22:16 07 Nov 2005

something like click here any more?

Splork 22:48 07 Nov 2005

Same sort of thing here click here (cick XP Utilities, XP Security Console), fewer features but free.

jcotton 07:47 08 Nov 2005

That is the sort of thing I am looking for but the only problem is with that anyone can run that program and enabled all the stuff again. Any more ideas?

Splork 11:11 08 Nov 2005

a; `hide` the program under a different name in the Windows folder - just bring up a run box and type your `secret` name, it will pop up.
b; create a password protected executable from it with WinZip or similar compression program
c; put it on a floppy, or usb drive

jcotton 16:35 08 Nov 2005

OK thanks alot love the program but does not totally work on XP pro sp2. Splork do you or does anyone else have a similar program with maybe the has a little my features as well

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?