restoring ITunes from IPod

stuw64 12:16 14 Oct 2009

Hi,

did a search and could not find anything on the above.

I don't know if the above is possible or not - haven't been able to find out from a web search.

The problem is I've lost my ITunes library - well music really. I bought an external hard drive (cheaper option than new computer) as the HDD on my puter is small and space was running out.

However, after I transferred my music to the externjal hard drive - 4 months later - it decides to pack in and lose my data (yes, I know, I should have backed up - but.....brand new hard drive, etc. Anyway, can I use my IPd which has all my muscic to restore my ITunes library or am I stuck?

I got a mate to retrieve data via donwloaded recovery software, but have lost all the directories and original documentation lablelling and i'm not sure i can resotre my ITunes from this data anyway as the music is coming out as MPEG 4 video for some reason.

If you cn help, that would be great. Thanks

Stuart

2neat 12:31 14 Oct 2009
  oldbeefer2 16:24 14 Oct 2009

Thought that had solved my problem, but the free download will only transfer 10 tracks. Might be worth paying for it though, unless anyone knows of a freebie.

^wave^ 17:19 14 Oct 2009

go tp ilounge look there in there tutorials

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:41 14 Oct 2009

click here will explain but you need to read the whole of the article, as there is some faffing about involved.

G

stuw64 20:23 14 Oct 2009

Thanks to everyone who responded so quickly, patricularly to Gandalf.

Stuart

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)