Restore Gateway PC to Factory Settings

jjss 15:40 10 Feb 2006

I'm trying to help a neighbour out. He has a Gateway PC that's about 8 months old. He's managed to lose/misplace all his documention which relates to it. He has no recovery/restore disks.

The pc needs to be reformatted to factory settings etc. There appears to be a D drive which I'm assuming carries the restore programs but when I try to access it through win explorer etc it tells me that D drive is not formatted and would I like to format the drive, needless to say I've opted 'No'.

My question is how do you restore a Gateway pc system. By the way this pc has no floppy drive.

I've have already tried using forum search.

Thanking you all in antisipation.

dms05 16:29 10 Feb 2006

Enter the Serial Number here click here

Hertz Van Rentyl 16:36 10 Feb 2006

Are there no clues during boot up to press certain F key or the like.

jjss 19:14 10 Feb 2006

Thanks for your responces. dms05 the link that you lead too related to pc's bought in the US but thanks anyway. Hertz Van Rently; you were on the right track.

I've found the answer to the problem after many many restarts and for future reference the F11 key is the magic F key for Gateway PC factory restorage. In the sameway that you would continue to press F8 for normal windows selection so you contine to press F11 on start up for a Gateway Machine.

Problem sorted. Many Thanks ticked resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)