Resizing web page for printing

Enoch 20:15 05 Oct 2004

I am running XP Home. I would like to print an information page, but it is a little larger than A4 which is the largest size my printer (Lexmark X75) will print. I must be stupid, but I cannot see how to "reduce to fit paper" instructions, either on my PC or on the printer. All I can find is how to reduce a scanned item, but as the web page I want to print is bigger than A4, I cannot print to scan and reduce. Help would be appreciated

Dorsai 20:32 05 Oct 2004

You could try 'landscape' printing.

or save the page, and open with another program. it might give a bit more choices with the printing options.

iarno 20:48 05 Oct 2004

Have you tried printing in book format. the print is smaller but you can save a lot of paper. when printing has finished fold the paper as in a book

Thomas Arnold-189246 18:02 17 Oct 2004

have what sounds like same problem - if it relates to over-long line lengths which have several cms cut off by the default right margin when printing out.
you can fix this by using File/Page Set-Up, then entering minimum margin dimensions in the dialogue box (which appear to be Left 1.35 Right 1.35mms). You should then get a full- width print. Only problem is that this seems to set default printout dimensions, so even when printing e-mails, you sometimes get them printing virtually edge-to-edge.

Enoch 18:57 17 Oct 2004

havvy,

Thanks, but I tried that and I still missed some of the page I wanted to print. Unfortunately, the page required was wider than an A4 page, (which is the maximum of my printer). I finally printed the required page in landscape format and then pasted the two landscape pages together. Not the ideal answer, but the only one I could come up with.

Anyway "havvy", thanks for the opinion. If I finally get an answer I will post it on this thread

Pesala 20:24 17 Oct 2004

Opera can scale the page down by 80% or whatever to make it fit. click here

Pesala 21:10 17 Oct 2004
  marjted 21:57 17 Oct 2004

click here

Is this of any help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?