Resetting to factory settings from boot options w/

Abdreasso 15:47 13 Feb 2018

Hi everyone, this one is a tough one, so hopefully someone brainy is able to help me. I recently smashed my LCD screen on my Lenovo IdeaPad 310. I have already ordered a new screen, though I still want to use my conputer in the meantime. I could of course just use an HDMI-cable to an external screen, which I did, but the my laptop started going through a boot loop, where it constantly restarted right after booting (thus before I was able to see anything on screen). Because of the built in pin hole on the side of my computer, I am able to access boot options. The solution would be to reset to factory settings (Note: I want to keep my personal files). So now, I am asking antone, if there is a way to do this without using the mouse since I (as stated) cannot see anything on the internal or external monitor. Thanks in advance :-)

Archie44 17:38 13 Feb 2018

I hope this might help

Recover Data from the Hard Drive off a Broken Laptop

goog luck

Archie44 17:45 13 Feb 2018

or c this: PC advise

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?