Hot Topics

Replacing Windows 7pro with XP pro

greybeard 22:50 06 Dec 2015

I'm now trying to remove win7 pro, and instal xp, on a Toshiba Satellite Pro with no other software or files present.

I have a genuine xp pro cd with service pack 2 included.

I created a 39G partition alongside the win7 OS, (with the original intention of creating a dual boot system), and inserted the xp disc, and re booted. It starts to load a number of files, then gets as far as "loading windows" and stops. "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down....." "Technical information: * STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I've looked at several methods of installing xp, but I can't get beyond this. The bottom line is to buy an empty hdd and instal my xp on that, because I don't need win7 on this laptop ! But it does seem that I'm just giving up, when I should be trying to learn new skills. I suppose I need to delete all partitions on the hdd then try installing xp, but I'm not sure if this is correct, or how to do it.

It someone could either guide me through the process, or post me a link to a brain dead procedure, I'd be very grateful.

greybeard 16:51 16 Dec 2015

Thank G*D. took a chance, and went for it. Installed, and now on line.

John

lotvic 17:47 16 Dec 2015

There then, done. I did say on page 1 you would need XP drivers for hardware, glad it was only a few needed.

greybeard 19:05 16 Dec 2015

I'm indebted to you lotvic, and the pain is going away !

Regards

John

lotvic 20:05 16 Dec 2015

Does that mean you'll stand me a virtual pint? LOL

ps: enjoy your USA jolly, I've not been since 2006.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Huawei Mate Xs could’ve been the first great big-screen foldable

Creatives in China won't find this flag on Adobe, Getty or Shutterstock

The best games on Apple Arcade

Microsoft Surface Duo confirmé : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique