Replacing a Mikrotik Router with a Draytek 2862 Ro

Wee Howk 16:28 19 Jul 2018

I have been trying unsuccessfully to replace a cheap Mikrotik Router (c £50) supplied by by our service provider Gigabeam with a Draytek 2862 router (c. £250). Gigabeam have told me to disconnect the Mikrotik Router from the service for an hour and then connect the Draytek (they have also told me that instead of turning off the Router for an hour if I call them they can "kick it off the connection" so the Draytek can log on. Unfortunately I am not at home during working hours). It’s a Mikrotik Routerboard RB951ui-2hnd and it connects to the antenna with an ethernet cable at the WAN port. The Mikrotik powers the antenna via the WAN port and the Draytek router WAN port does not power the port, so I have a POE unit for the ethernet cable when connecting the Draytek router to the antenna. Gigabeam are unable to help with the set up, they prefer the Mikrotik, although they told me this router works on their network, they prefer the Mikrotik router. Any ideas please? I enter the PPPoE username and password and WAN VLAN Tag and it does not connect. The service comes in through an antenna from a transmitter. We get a good signal with download speeds of up to 34 MB. When I connect the Draytek Router the WAN port on the dashboard is green and it shows "offline".

Wee Howk 11:51 31 Jul 2018

The solution was there are two options in VLAN Tag Insertion. Service enabled and Customer disabled.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

34 tips for turning your art and graphics into amazing animated GIFs

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs