Removing a Legacy Raid1 Configuration .

Caskstrength60 13:46 20 Oct 2007

I've searched all over for information about removing a legacy raid 1 configuration from my Computer and haven't been able to find anything . I want to revert back to just the one disk using the other as storage .
I have a ECS KN1 SLI Extreme Board , the raid is on the onboard Sil3132 RAID controller (2 matching 240GB disks ) . It is managed by the Sataraid5 programme .
How do i go about getting rid of it ? Is there a set of instructions anybody knows about as the Silicon pdf doesn't explain at all .
Do i Delete the legacy Raid group in the sataraid5 ? uninstall that software ? change the settings in the Bios ? do i disable the Sil3132 RAID controller somehow ?
Your help is most appreciated .
Thanks in advance .
Gordon

Caskstrength60 13:49 20 Oct 2007

Forgot to add , will the Data be ok or will i need to re-install everything fresh on the seperated disk ?

I am Spartacus 13:51 20 Oct 2007

You'll lose the data. On mine (JMicron) I have a RAID Configurer and I just select the array and choose 'Remove RAID'.

Caskstrength60 09:13 21 Oct 2007

thought that would happen but does anyone have of know of a set of instructions for removing the Raid completely ?

Caskstrength60 11:25 21 Oct 2007

OK , sussed it out and it's done !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?