Remove freemake video converter from PC!

hmarley 19:49 26 May 2018

Does anybody know how I can remove freemake video converter from my PC? I downloaded it and now every video I open opens with freemake and all the video projects I have saved to my PC from my video camera, etc. are in freemake format. If I remove it, will I lose all that content?! Please helpppp! I am horrible with technology and need some step-by-step assistance here. Thank you!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:02 26 May 2018

what format are the video files mp4? any files you have converted with freemake should be OK

it's actuaally a good esy program just a pity it comes loaded with crapware in its install file and update files.

To Uninstall just right click the Freemake file in the start menu and select uninstall.

To change the default program from Freemake to the video player of your choice just follow the instructions click here

rdave13 22:17 26 May 2018

I totally agree with Fruit Bat /\0/\ . As you have it installed I wouldn't uninstall it just yet; as it's a very good program for what it does. Click on the right icon, notification/action centre, bottom right, and select 'All Settings'. Select Apps then 'Default Apps' and scroll down to the 'reset' tab and reset. Reboot. Once back on the desktop download adwcleaner and run. That will get rid of the Potentially Unwanted Programs. Once cleaned then reboot again. Freemake should now work okay. In Freemake's settings disable 'check for updates automatically'.

hmarley 03:20 27 May 2018

Hmmm ok... useful! I uninstalled bc I can't adwcleaner... I keep getting notifications that I need to update my Mcafee antivirus, but then when I do, the payment is never accepted.. and so I think I am without active firewall and having trouble making certain downloads. :(

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:30 27 May 2018

What version of windows? if 10 then uninstall Mcafee and use windows defender and windows own firewall they are reasonably good nowadays.

Then you can decide what Antivirus suite you may wish to re install.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review

Julian Glander recreates your art school experience in quirky video game Art Sqool

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

TV & streaming : comment regarder la Ligue des Champions 2018-2019 ?