Remove eScan AntiVirus Toolkit Utility

Rhua 14:56 26 Sep 2005

My XP-SP2 system recently developed the following problem on boot-up:
Internal Error!!! This could be because of incorrect system date setting.
If not send log to mwti.net
I had a trial version of eScan AntiVirus in use but I cannot find where it is hidden because I’d like to remove it as I feel it is the cause of this error.
Any suggestion please?

GaT7 15:09 26 Sep 2005

Start->Run, type msconfig in the box & press OK. Click on the Startup tab & untick anything to do with eScan AntiVirus, mwti, etc. Click Apply, OK & reboot.

If the problem goes away you can delete the offending registry entries - but ask us first if you don't have much experience editing the registry. G

GaT7 15:20 26 Sep 2005

Have you uninstalled eScan from Add/Remove Programs?

To remove it completely, & hopefully stop the above error see - "I need to remove eScan, but it will not uninstall through the Add/Remove Programs option in the Control Panel. How Can I Remove this from my PC?" click here. The lower portion about 'regedit' involves editing the registry.

I found your exact error message at click here, but apparently it happens when INSTALLING eScan. G

Rhua 15:38 26 Sep 2005

I’ve done as suggested but can only find the entry ‘mwavscan’
Is this the eScan entry? There’s no entry eScan AntiVirus or mwti.
Thanks, M.

Rhua 15:44 26 Sep 2005

eScan does not appear in the Add/Remove Programs either. That was my first attempt to resolve the error. M.

GaT7 16:02 26 Sep 2005

Yes, untick mwavscan in msconfig & reboot.

If that solves the problem, here are instructions on removing it for good click here. Don't delete anything else. Set a System Restore (SR) point, before deleting anything.

If the problem persists there may be more eScan-related files/folders/registry entries that may need to be removed, & this may be accomplished by following the procedure in my first link (again set a SR point).

"There’s no entry eScan AntiVirus or mwti..." - sorry, I should've been clearer. I meant eScan-related entries (not literally 'eScan AntiVirus' or 'mwti') - if that makes any sense : ) G

Rhua 16:07 26 Sep 2005

Crossbow7
Many thanks for your help - problem appeared solved. M.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?