Removal of Scanner?

night 13:34 29 Jul 2003

It would appear that when I updated from Windows ME to Windows XP after reformatting the hard disc, it has somehow carried over my scanner software, I have installed the scanner using the software for XP, but it keeps telling me when trying to scan another imaging device is in use, hence I have 3300C and another 3300C #2. how do I remove one of them carried over from Windows ME, in device manager it only shows one, but somehow two exist ?????????????? HELP PLEASE

Jester2K II 13:38 29 Jul 2003

Right click the one you don't want and select Uninstall.

Jester2K II 13:40 29 Jul 2003

Sorry misread- Go to the Windows Directory. Find a folder called Twain_32. Delete the driver folder you don't want. If not sure delete both scanner folders and reinstall.

Jester2K II 16:03 30 Jul 2003

Hello to you and I thank you for your suggestion ref the removal of the Twain_32, I have done as you said but believe it or not it still remains, and I get he message each time I try to scan that another imaging device is working being the one that was installed in Widows Me, is there any other way I can get rid of it as it must be on the hard disc still? I appreciate your reply though and thanks again . Bryan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?