Remote Desktop Support Program Reccomendations

Taff™ 12:58 21 Jun 2018

Teamviewer is basically blocking me from accessing any of my friends computers (And customers) saying I must buy a Full Licence for roughly £30 a month. Ridiculous money - I don't pay that for Broadband and phone! In fact, I probably don't use it more than 3/4 times a week - not even daily!

Back in the day most of us here used Crossloop but AVG bought that and closed it down. So apart from Teamviewer what else would you reccomend?

It must be fairly simple because I have 4 Octogenarians and several retired customers who just need occasional support. For the few business customers I have it would be handy to be able to log in, reboot and work on their machines without them needing to be in attendance all the time. Quite often they phone me and when they have initially signed me in will go out shopping LOL

Over to you ..... what do you use and recommend .....

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:30 21 Jun 2018
  wee eddie 13:42 21 Jun 2018

3 to 4 times a week. Say 15 times a month. Say £2.00 a session.

That saves you visiting them. I understand that your services are altruistic but that is your choice.

Why expect the Staff at Team Viewer to share the same moral stance and forego their wages. After all, we only have your word that your sole use of Team Viewer is totally altruistic and that you are giving this assistance for free!

Taff™ 14:13 21 Jun 2018

Thanks Fruitbat!

I note your point wee eddie but these days as semi-retired, I hardly use it for business purposes and more as you put it altruistically. Rather like when I first started on this forum in 2002 I have been giving advice for free here like the rest of you. Should there be a charge for this forum?

Mind you! You have been around here almost as long haven't you?

Secret-Squirrel 17:12 21 Jun 2018

Taff, AnyDesk is an effective TeamViewer replacement and is very similar. Simply download the tiny (2MB) EXE file onto each PC and away you go. It doesn't even need installing.

Secret-Squirrel 18:21 22 Jun 2018

What do you think of AnyDesk Taff?

alanrwood 18:27 22 Jun 2018

If they are asking you to pay you must have picked the commercial option at some time. I use it regularly to help family members and have never seen such a request for cash.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)