Reliable low cost broadband ISP

anchor 10:10 08 May 2006

The telephone exchange in Wales, where my cousin lives, has now been setup for broadband.

He want to choose a reliable, (and lowish cost), broadband ISP. He does NOT want cable, or a deal that includes cheap or free phone calls. He would be content with a 1Mb connection.

What would members suggest.

Totally-braindead 10:22 08 May 2006

All info available here click here I'm with Tiscali £12.99 1mb unlimited. Connection perfect but the customer service is poor in my opinion.

You can't go wrong with Madasafish.com. £17.99 a month for 8MB connection.They are a very unobtrusive provider and thier customer support is excellent.
See here click here

Pootie

Sorry Anchor quoted wrong price

Pootie

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:18 08 May 2006

There is too much variation, he would be much better asking his neighbours who they use and if they are happy with the speeds.

G

anchor 12:25 08 May 2006

Thanks Gandalf, but as the BT exchange upgrade is quite new, there cannot be much broadband experience locally.

Totally-braindead:

Does the £12.99 Tiscali price for the 1Mb connection include VAT?. I would guess not, and the final price you pay, (with VAT), is £15.26 per month?. I see that a free modem, and free connection is included. Does it also include any free ADSL microfilter filters?.

Stuartli 12:43 08 May 2006

The price stated (£12.99) is the price paid - full details on the Tiscali website.

A modem is included along with two microfilters (splitters) and an ADSL cable (3m).

Stuartli 12:47 08 May 2006

I now see Tiscali is now offering a 1MB unlimited usage service at £12.99 on its website or, alternatively, the same offer plus free weekend phone calls at the same monthly price.

anchor 12:41 24 May 2006

Thanks everyone for your replies, he has decided to go with Tiscali.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?