REGISTRY CLEANERS

JAMSARNNIE 11:40 01 Mar 2007

Can anyone please tell me how to stop annoying pop-ups that keep telling me my computer is under threat unless I download and install their registry cleaners? I have a perfectly good one already installed. I would be grateful for any help as I am nearing baldness due to pulling my hair out.
JAMSARNNIE

stephen0205 11:45 01 Mar 2007

well that think that u have is kinda viruses, spyware , its a b****** to get rid of them, em whats the name of the software , does it tell u that some file is under attack or something is currupt at the bottom of the screen where the clock is.

MMN DESIGN 15:31 01 Mar 2007

Download adaware by Lavasoft. First and foremost is the fact that immediately after an installation of Windows xp, you already have 9 adware, spyware programs installed. Go to Lavasoft.com and download their free version of Adaware Personal. Read carefully thru the settings and do a complete scan. Good Luck

MMN DESIGN 15:33 01 Mar 2007

Secondly, there is no such thing as a good registry cleaner. The best registry cleaner, is no registry cleaner. Until you fully and completely understand the significance and the internal workings of the registry, i strongly reccomend in leaving well enough alone.

rawprawn 15:38 01 Mar 2007

click here
Download Spyware Terminator, it is an excellent free program and gives real time protection

Salut 16:13 01 Mar 2007

Have you tried CCCleaner?click here

It is very reliable. I have used it for some while and have no experience of problems, further, it does what it says on the tin!

FatboySlim71 16:38 01 Mar 2007

Another vote here for C Cleaner, it will clean the registry and clean out all the temp internet files. I have used C Cleaner for nearly 3 years and I have never had any problems with it cleaning the registry etc.

Gongoozler 17:15 01 Mar 2007

Ccleaner is very good for cleaning up old temp files and suchlike, but is very unlikely to help with your pop-up problem. Much more likely to help is Ewido omline scan click here and/or A-Squared free click here

JAMSARNNIE 22:17 05 Mar 2007

Thanks everyone but a big thanks to Gongoozler for his tip on A Squared, installed and run it and I have had no irritating pop-ups since.
By the way my hair is starting to grow back lol.
JAMSARNNIE

dogbreath1 22:21 05 Mar 2007

"i strongly reccomend in leaving well enough alone".

Personally, I think you are wrong. So, to put the record straight, please justify your claim.

JasonZBell 19:34 05 May 2008

The best registry cleaner I have used is called RegCure. Bought it from click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?