Registered to

  Digital 17:23 17 Jan 2005

In W98SE how can I change the "Registered to" name in System Properties (in My Computer)? Earlier answers in the this archive don't work.

  mattyc_92 17:26 17 Jan 2005

There is a "tweak manager" for 95/98, but i think they have stoped selling it now, so try doing a google search on this subject and make sure that it is software and not tweaking the registry (unless you are experienced with the registry)

  ACOLYTE 17:29 17 Jan 2005

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion

Select the CurrentVersion key, and you'll see RegisteredOrganization and RegisteredOwner
string values (among many others) in the right pane.

To change either of these values, right-click it and select Modify. Type the new information
on the Value data line and then click OK. Repeat these steps for the other value, if necessary,
then close the Registry Editor.

This might work,might not.

  Digital 21:03 17 Jan 2005

Thanks mattyc_92 & ACOLYTE for your suggestions. ACOLYTE's works so now I'll be able to get my relative's name in instead of her ex-boyfriend's!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

ManvsMachine and other artists put Apple's iMac Pro to the test using powerful rendering tools

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?