Regedit query

  captain birdseye 12:51 26 Nov 2004

I have a machine which has had its IE hompage hijacked and the option to change in IE properties is greyed out so I can`t change it back.
I need to edit the registry but where do I find this particular entry...I`ve spent ages looking but not found it yet....presumably its in HKLM or HKCU. (WIN 2K by the way). A quick question for a registry expert please. Thanks.

  Jeffers22 12:54 26 Nov 2004

To be sure you get rid of it you really should run Spybot first and see what it comes up with. If not fixed with this run HijackThis and post a log here (in two parts due to 800 word limit and double spaced) so that the experts (esp Nellie2) can advise. A registry change on it's own is unlikely to do the trick as the little proggy will more than likely only change it back when you reboot.

  woodchip 12:58 26 Nov 2004

Have a look click here for your problem

  captain birdseye 13:06 26 Nov 2004

Thanks guys.....I`ll be onto it this afternoon. cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?