Refurb Laptops - Recommendations? (UK Question)

thickofit 18:02 04 Jan 2017

Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying a refurbished laptop. Does anyone have any UK-based retailers they would recommend?

Cheers!

lotvic 19:56 04 Jan 2017

I get most of my stuff from morgancomputers.co.uk very friendly and efficient to deal with.

wee eddie 20:18 04 Jan 2017

One thing to remember. Many of Morgan's products come without an OS, so you may have to cost in a copy of Windows

lotvic 21:43 04 Jan 2017

And many of Morgan's computers do have an OS, you can choose from XP thro to Windows 10 via the menu at left.

Govan1x 22:18 04 Jan 2017

Have a look at e-bay.

Click here

Govan1x 22:48 04 Jan 2017

Then you have Amazon.

click here

bumpkin 15:42 05 Jan 2017

I have also used Morgans and found them good. Used Ebay too but now a bit wary of some of the items described as refurbished by seller.

bumpkin 15:58 05 Jan 2017

Refurbishment:- Having bought a good few things thus described I have found that it seems to mean anything from brand new to something given a quick wipe over with a cloth. I can't see how it is worth manufacturers refurbing anything unless high value, you may get a new export model or old stock item though which is often a good deal. Other items may be returns. Reputable sellers will replace or refund but caution is advised

bumpkin 16:01 05 Jan 2017

Rambling on now but how for example is it feasible to refurbish a £40 Hdd.

thickofit 15:10 07 Jan 2017

Thanks for the replies! I'll have a look at Morgan Computers...

Burn-it 23:57 07 Jan 2017

Aria also do refurbished and "restocked" goods at a lower price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

Illustrator Rose Blake gives a kid-friendly update for David Hockney's art guide A History of…

iMac at 20: 10 iMac facts and history in pictures

Comment afficher des sous-titres sur Netflix ?