red orange light

donnka 19:16 20 Jan 2004

i recently reinstalled windows xp back on to my computer to have a fresh install , ive noe experienced some problems , the cd drive seems to make the computer frezze , dont think it could be the drivers as i used the same one i had created on my back up disks , ive also noticed that the computer light the one that flashes when your doing something was i think green , now seems to flashing a red orange colour , is this normal or is there a problem there too ,

LeadingMNMs 20:24 20 Jan 2004

Did you open up the case at all. If so just check that all cables are pust well in.

billyliv 20:33 20 Jan 2004

Hi, I would say that normal is Green light --Power on, Red (Orange) light-- Hard drive working. Cheers, Bill

Bris 20:41 20 Jan 2004

If you are referring to the light on the CD drive some have a multi coloured LED that gives a different colour according to the type of media being written to in the case of a burner it could be orange for a CD-R and red for a CD-R)and whether a cd is being read in which case its usually green. The fact that the CD drive freezes the PC and you have noticed a change in the light colour does seem to indicate a problem in that area.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts