Red i's and l's

bremner 18:13 05 Jul 2004

Fired up my machine at work today and all the i's and l's on menus, desktop icons, start menu entries etc etc are now red instead of black.

Has anyone ever come across this before and can explain why and how to stop it.

Thanks

alB 19:09 05 Jul 2004

Bit of a stab in the dark but could anyone have loaded one of those annoying "computer prank" programmes onto your machine...alB

bremner 19:12 05 Jul 2004

No that is not possible.

bremner 19:22 05 Jul 2004

end

Sorry I'm being dense but I don't know what you mean by link or loop. But yes it is only my machine effected.

Vog

That is a consideration - but I would be interested in knowing what it is and why it has happened.

bremner 19:29 05 Jul 2004

It is on a small network with two other machines only sharing printers and the 'Shared Folder'. They are not connected to the internet and only have licensed genuine software.

Neither of the other machines are effected.

Diodorus Siculus 19:37 05 Jul 2004

Possibly a corrupted system font; try changing it to another via the display options (right click on desktop).

bremner 19:40 05 Jul 2004

Good thought will try that in the morning.

hugh-265156 01:14 06 Jul 2004

sorry i have no idea bremner but if it were me i wouldnt worry if it was my work computer and let the IT support folks sort it out.

bremner 07:02 06 Jul 2004

...thats fine unless you are the support for your computer.

bremner 18:18 06 Jul 2004

Cured it by uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics - still no idea what caused it but at least it's back to normal.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

bremner 19:11 06 Jul 2004

Normal:

A state that causes the minimal amount of hair loss and injury to the dog or cat.

Something that lasts for short periods of time between bouts of anxiety ranging from total exasperation to mild paranoia; cries of “that machine actually hates me’ often reverberating around the room.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

Print legends Dan Mumford and Supermundane on making the leap from 2D to AR

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs