Red Cpu led light and dram led light

QuWzY-cap 19:05 22 Sep 2018

I am having a problem with my AMD Ryzen 5 2400G cpu(APU) the issue occurring is a red cpu LED light (on the mother board) (X470 AORUS GAMING 5 WIFI) if i press the power button the light comes on 1 time with a beep, and if i hold down the power then it comes on 4 times but the light goes from: cpu dram cpu, on the forth time in quick succession. This machine is 2 months old, i have only gamed on it for a few days since I didn’t use it until i could do my room up and get hold of a kettle lead. So im considering that ive done something with it on software that i have no experience with, maybe chucked it around to much without knowing, i messed with settings a lot in games but couldn’t imagine that would do it harm (i was trying to get a balance of 40 fps and good graphics) the only thing ive done in the cpu software is put it on gaming mode. So im baffled why it is doing this, i shut it down then the next day turned it on but bumped into this problem.

rdave13 20:28 22 Sep 2018

As it's new send an email to the seller about your problem. Do not open the case, ask for a return merchandise authorisation (RMA) so they can fix the fault. If you can boot up to Windows (safe mode possibly) and remove personal data that would be a bonus. Good luck.

QuWzY-cap 20:58 23 Sep 2018

Thank you! Yeah ill contact where i got the parts from, i built the pc my self but i think im covered since i got them from scan. I hope ill be ok its my first build but I wouldn’t consider myself a noob. thank you.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)