Recovery Disk for Vista Laptop

prince midas 10:45 13 Dec 2008

I am adding new programs to a friends new Vista Toshiba Laptop.

Someone tells me that it should have a recovery disk but my friend as not got one.How do I make a Vista Compatible Recovery disk DVD for a Toshiba Latop.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:56 13 Dec 2008

There should be an option in the start menu.

If not then purchase something like Acronis True Image and take a snapshot of the drive.

Graham. 10:57 13 Dec 2008

Look in System Tools. If it has not been used, you may find the facility to make a Recovery Disc.

Otherwise, look for Setup as it's booting. There may be a facility to enter Recovery.

oldbeefer2 11:00 13 Dec 2008

DippyGirl came up with this link a few days ago click here

prince midas 18:30 13 Dec 2008

I had trouble creating a Rescue Disk from a bit torrent method used by Dippy Girl.

Would a Acronis Recovery Disk work?

I notive the PC as an hidden partion recovery, but how do you use it?

oldbeefer2 18:59 13 Dec 2008

You have to follow the instructions very accurately - I created a recovery disc without problems following the sequence in the link(s).

FatboySlim71 23:04 13 Dec 2008

I have a Toshiba Laptop which I have owned for around 2 months. Mine also didn't come with a recovery disk which seems to be the case now, but the guy in the shop explained to me what I needed to do to create one, it was very easy.

You should see on the desktop an icon called TOSHIBA RECOVERY. If you double click on this it will allow you to make a recovery disk very easily. All you have to do is tell it what type of disks you are using i.e. dvd or cd and it will then work out and tell you how many disks you will need to make the recovery disks.

prince midas 10:55 14 Dec 2008

Thanks everyone,will give it a try.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

How Sketch and InVision have revolutionised our design workflow

The best tech gifts for Christmas 2017

Les meilleurs jeux de société (2017)