recovering a deleted word file

KEITH 1955 10:15 13 May 2019

Yes I know we all done it if we tell the truth and now I have , I deleted a word file and need it back , its not in recycle bin.

I know that security services have software to get back things you think are gone forever but is it possible to "get back" something from your hard drive by searhing or using a free program.

john bunyan 10:33 13 May 2019
  KEITH 1955 11:06 13 May 2019

hi john thanks for pointing me in the right direction , I ran the program on a spare pc just in case something went wrong , on the almost new pc it claims to have found nearly half a million files and still has 2 hours to run.

good news is it found a word file I deliberately destroyed for the test but the bad news is the program only previews what it found , to delete I must buy at so many % of list price but £74 to get 1 document is way to much.

thanks anyway

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:23 13 May 2019

Recuva free version

will find all sorts not just word files

1]: [click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE 5G review: How fast is 5G in the UK?

Best Monitor Calibrators

Powerbeats Pro review

Les bons plans sport (2019)