Recover Partition in new HDD in Sony Vaio

amitabhbansal 09:43 21 Dec 2016

Friends i am using sony vaio laptop, its hdd and recover partition is working perfectly fine, i am upgrading the hdd from 500GB to 1 TB, but the problem is the recovery partition, i have tried a partition cloner and cloned the recovery partition to the new HDD, but after installing the 1TB hdd i cant start recovery from it, my laptop dont have option to create a recovery usb drive, there is only CD creator for recovery which is not working, please guide me what to do? as i want to only transfer recovery partition to the new HDD and want to recover the laptop from the new HDD only. Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:18 21 Dec 2016

What operating system?

amitabhbansal 10:36 21 Dec 2016

windows 7 Home, may be premium i dont remember

Secret-Squirrel 10:44 21 Dec 2016

......... i have tried a partition cloner and cloned the recovery partition ............

For the best possible chance of success, clone the entire disk.

amitabhbansal 10:48 21 Dec 2016

if i clone the entire hdd will it clone the previous deleted files also? i want to know this because i dont want that someone recover my old deleted files, and which software is best for cloning

Secret-Squirrel 12:06 21 Dec 2016

if i clone the entire hdd will it clone the previous deleted files also?

A clone is an exact copy of something.

i want to know this because i dont want that someone recover my old deleted files...........

I thought you said you were going to restore your laptop back to factory settings. That should overwrite most traces of your previously-deleted files. If that's not entirely satisfactory ,then after the restoration, run a cleaning tool that can wipe the free space on a drive. I believe that CCleaner has that option.

........and which software is best for cloning

I've always used Acronis TrueImage but it's not free. I'm sure someone will be able to recommend an effective free product.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:37 21 Dec 2016

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Amy Cesal's Play-Doh infographics bring fun and colour to datavis

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Modifier un PDF : les meilleurs éditeurs PDF