Recover files from corrupt cd

A&D 10:50 25 Jan 2005

I have been using Roxio Easy CD Creator 6 to keep copies of files as a backup by using drag and drop. My cd is now reported as corrupted and Easy CD automatically ran CheckDisc as a recovery. I can now see some files on the cd but they are meaningless to me and I cannot open them anyway. Searching Google I find several utilities for recovering corrupted cd files. Does anyone have a recommedation for one they have used successfully? Do they work for CD-R or only CD-RW?

TomJerry 10:52 25 Jan 2005

free for no commercial use click here

A&D 15:18 25 Jan 2005

Thanks TomJerry I downloaded isobuster and tried it. I'm afraid my ignorance of cd file formats and read/write protocols is against me but it did extract a long list of "sessions". I guessed that I needed the latest session and got it to extract user data to a hard disc folder. This gave me a file with tao extension which I then tried to open with isobuster. I got a new file which I was advised contained files with numerous errors and when I tried to extract the user data from that I was blocked unless I registered and paid for the program. I already paid a donation but not sure it's worth paying the full price - further advice welcomed.

TomJerry 16:18 25 Jan 2005

another good one is CD X Rescue which was free on PCA cover disc a few months back, ask around maybe a good guy will email it to you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?