Recording TV

Paulo1992 13:22 27 Jul 2008

Hi Guys

I'm curious about how i could recored tv onto my computer

I would like to buy a tv recorer where i could record the tv onto that and then copy the recorded programmes onto an external hdd that i would then connect to my computer.

Is it possible to connect an ex hdd to a tv recorder.

Thanks
Paul

P.S. Would anyone recommend a reliable and fairly decent tv recorder ?

Graham. 14:10 27 Jul 2008

You want a recorder with hard drive and DVD. Then you can record to the hard drive, edit, and save to DVD. Plenty around.

Paulo1992 14:23 27 Jul 2008

What u mean that i can edit it while its on the hard drive of the tv recorder

And can i not svae it on to an e xternal hard drive rather than a dvd ?

Thanks

pj123 15:55 27 Jul 2008

I have a standalone DVD recorder with a 160gb hard drive and DVD and VHS.

I record from TV on to the hard drive and then transfer to a DVD Rewrite disc and then transfer to my PC hard drive or my external hard drive. Rewrite discs are not very stable which is why I always record on the hard disc first. If a rewrite fails I can always try again.

I then edit it using various programs and then burn it as a finished article to DVD. This can then be played back on any DVD player.

Why do you want it on a hard drive rather than a DVD?

Graham. 16:00 27 Jul 2008

Yes, and maybe. Far easier to save to a re-recordable DVD then copy to wherever you want.

Bear in mind you will have to finalise a DVD before it will play on another stand-alone player.

I have one of these (how quickly things become obsolete) click here but you'll get the idea.

DippyGirl 17:59 27 Jul 2008

I use a Humax PVR9200T to record/time-shift. Drop stuff I want to keep to a laptop (transfer is slow and if 1hour+ prone to failure, so chop into bits on the Humax) I then use TStoDVD (fronts ProjectX) to convert the .ts files before burning to DVD (DeepBurner)

eedcam 18:43 27 Jul 2008

Why not fit a TV card to the pc then just record to the pc hard drive

pj123 12:29 28 Jul 2008

My 17" monitor is also an HD Ready TV with built-in Freeview.

I have yet to find a way of recording TV programmes direct to my hard disc which is why I use my Standalone recorder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?