Recording on DVD from TV programme

James McGrory 19:43 01 May 2018

I am looking for someone to record a Channel 4 series on DVD (for personal - not commercial use). An element of editing (for referencing episodes only) would be desirable....but not essential. I have not been able to find anyone, who does this commercially.....so would be happy with a private transaction. Can anyone help/suggest? James McGrorry ([email protected])

James McGrory 11:48 02 May 2018

Fruit bat: Compensation for time/expense is NOT "pay" (and is usually awarded in addition to "Pay")

john bunyan 13:29 02 May 2018

At a price you could DIY : see

Freeview DVD recorder

Which region do you live in?

hastelloy 13:40 02 May 2018

"Compensation for time/expense is NOT "pay""

It would be difficult to prove that. John Bunnion's solution is the best unless you have a friend who would do it for you.

James McGrory 13:40 02 May 2018

Thanks again.....but my own DVD player is built-in to my TV set.....and I don't fancy buying a new player/recorder (and mastering a new tech - at my age!), just for this! While it would be nice, to have these series on record.....I don't think it would justify that substantial cost and effort!

James McGrory 13:50 02 May 2018

Perhaps, Mr Hobbledehoy.....but it is difficult to take your advice seriously, when you neither have the attention nor the courtesy, to get Mr Bunyan's name correct (ie as in "Pilgrim's Progress"......NOT as in veruka!)

James McGrory 13:54 02 May 2018

PS: .....and if I had a friend, who would do it, I wouldn't be on this fruitless quest for assistance!

wee eddie 14:38 02 May 2018

James, we shouldn't be advising you on how to break the UK's Copyright Legislation and you would get better advice if you were a little less past-remarkable.

James McGrory 15:03 02 May 2018

Dear wee Eddie, I am not asking for advice on breaking copyright laws (which I have no intentions of breaching!) It is PASS-remarkable, by the way!

wee eddie 15:29 02 May 2018

I debated about that but, as I hoped that you would be more sanguine in the future, I decided on "past" rather than "pass".

I think that you would find that should you succeed in your quest, you would be breaking the BBC's copyright and therefor the law

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:31 02 May 2018

Do you have a DVD on your PC / laptop?

Does your TV have a USB slot you can record to? (most modern TVs do)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)