Recordable DVD players

peeeeeeeeter 20:57 23 Aug 2004

Not computer related I know but can anyone recommend a site where I can buy a recordable DVD player (not a computer one) at a reasonable price. Are they pretty straightforward and as easy as a video recorder to tape of the telly? Thanks.

BRYNIT 22:07 23 Aug 2004

Have a look at these sites, although I do not have a DVD recorder yet they look simple enough to use. click here
click here

Mikè 22:27 23 Aug 2004
  SEASHANTY 00:53 24 Aug 2004

Check out the prices of recordable DVD players on the UK pricerunner website. I have two Panasonic
recorders and the cheapest price I found was on Digital-point of Birmingham. Free delivery within
48 hours of ordering. The Panasonics work very well
and mine are multi-region modified before delivery.
click here

click here click on the model illustration for info.

SEASHANTY 10:36 24 Aug 2004

Further to your question --- yes it is just as easy to record from the TV because the standalone sets have a TV tuner. You can also record from a VCR or other video sources. Camcorder, capture card etc.,
The more versatile DVD recorders also have a hard disc which can act as a PVR as well as being able to
transfer programmes to DVD-R or DVD-RAM. This website gives links to all sorts of DVD recorder information click here

JonnyTub 10:45 24 Aug 2004

Just a quick note: mine has a small pin firewire port on the front so i can burn straight from my mini-dv camera to dvd, very handy to have.

I bought a Panasonic DMR-55EB DVD recorder at Richer Sounds for £207 as a price comparison with Digital Direct.
I have found the recorder to be absolutely brilliant with Time Slip (enabling you to watch a recording from the beginning whilst still recording the programme) and erasing the disc (dvd-ram) to be very easy indeed. The cheapest place to buy dvd-ram discs i have found is of all places Argos!!! $14.99 for 5.I would now not go back to video recorders as the difference in quality is amazing.

SEASHANTY 11:16 24 Aug 2004

The Panasonic DMR-E55 Multi-region modified and with
free delivery (normally within 48 hours) is available for £218-95 from Digital-point
click here its on page 2. Click on the illustrated model for full details.

SEASHANTY 11:19 24 Aug 2004

Not a bad price at Richer Sounds for the standard model. Panasonic, Argos and Dixons are all retailing this at Panasonics standard price of just
short of £300.

fitzy- 2nd 14:07 24 Aug 2004

HI.

I'VE GOT THE SONY RDR-GX3 DVD RECORDER, I THINK
IT'S THE BEST DVD PLAYER I HAVE HAD, FOR PICTURE
AND SOUND QUALITY, AND FOR RECORDING, IT HAS
6 REC MODES, 60MINS TO 360MINS.

I HAVE CHECKED A GOOD FEW DVD REC PLAYERS OUT.
THIS IS A GREAT RECORDER, AND VERY STYLISH TO,
TRY THE FOLLOWING SITE click here
FOR BEST PRICES.

SEASHANTY 14:27 24 Aug 2004

jpieter - Yes, I too, have found Argos stores a convenient and cheap place to purchase the RAM discs. Some in depth features of the Panasonic DVD
Recorders on this website
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?