Record BBC Radio to HD. How ?

rawprawn 09:48 25 Aug 2003

I want to record a weekly program fromm BBC Radio 2 to my hard disk, can this be done?. I am on Win XP Home & I have MP 9 & Real Player.

rawprawn 11:36 25 Aug 2003

jazzypop, thanks I am downloading jet audio now but it's going to be a long job on my modem connection. Pops, thanks for the info I only want to save a program that features old swing bands on sunday night for myself, so from what you say it should be OK. I have CD creator 5, but I can't see a way to rcord dierct to my HD from a radio transmission

rawprawn 20:23 25 Aug 2003

Many thanks for your response, I think that will be very helpful. It may be 2 or three days before I can give it a real try, but I'm sure I will be able to record what I want after your help. I will post again to let you know how I get on.
Thanks
Dennis

rawprawn 20:57 25 Aug 2003

I thought I would just give it a quick try & I have recorded about 5 minutes, I have the file in My Music folder, but there was no sound when I played it. It is a real media file & it is called WAV Audio. I tried to copy it to a cd to see if it made any difference, but still no sound. I cheated because I used drag & drop to put it on to a RW CD ( Just to see if it worked) although I didn't think that would make any difference. I'm obviously missing something, any ideas what I am doing wrong.

rawprawn 15:00 26 Aug 2003

I have checked for anything muted, but it's all OK. I think I must have a setting wrong, I have had another couple of goes this lunchtime with the same result. Everything seems OK but no sound, I have looked at source again I have SB Live wave Device at the top & Wave ticked in the list below. Encoder is set to Real Media & in the config I have ticked 56 modem. Where it says recording Volume at the bottom Right there are two what look like scales which should give a visual, but nothing happens although there are two green dots next to them. Sorry to be still lost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

FIFA 19 review

Game artist Elora Pautrat shows the soft side to cyberpunk in her gorgeous landscapes

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Pixel 3 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs