recommend a backup program

charlton200 12:00 20 Jul 2007

Hi
Please could you recommend a free backup program for me.
I have tried the windows one which i did not like, and i have tried back2zip which was good but kept missing things.

I just want my document and settings etc, nothing as powerful as copying the system.
Something basic easy to use and I can see easy if the backup has been made properly and changes have been saved.

if you are using or know of such a program I would be glad to know.

Thanks a lot.
Cheers

RussB74 13:26 20 Jul 2007

There`s a very good backup program for free on this months (August) PC Advisor cover disk by Genie-Soft.
It`s very reliable too especially for what you need it for.

rawprawn 13:44 20 Jul 2007

click here
Backup is extremely important and it is worth while considering Acronis True Image 10 if you can stretch to it.
click here

stylehurst 14:12 20 Jul 2007

I know its not free, but I would strongly recommend Acronis True Image

cocteau48 14:33 20 Jul 2007

I was sceptical at first but it has saved my bacon so many times I would not consider running a system without Acronis TI 10.
It is the most useful prog I have ever laid out cash for and do not grudge a penny of it.

You can get a time limited trial of the full version here :
click here

Amazon are still offering it for £21.97 instead of £39.99

charlton200 16:24 20 Jul 2007

Yes i have seen that program recommended here a lot, and i will consider it in the near future.
But i have been out of work with Ill heath for a while , so i have to watch every penny.

For now i was just looking at the best of the free bunch, but all advise is most welcome.

Thanks.

woodchip 16:30 20 Jul 2007

This is easy to use as a backup, but to restore you have to open Windows Explorer and drag and drop the files back in there places.

click here

woodchip 16:37 20 Jul 2007
  charlton200 17:39 20 Jul 2007

thanks very much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?