Recomend email program

sellewe 14:20 18 Sep 2004

I am having trouble with Outlook Express and would like to change to another program. Would someone please give some information and advice.

stalion 14:28 18 Sep 2004

microsoft outlook

Get away from Microsoft to a more secure, free, Pegasus Mail click here
Been using it for years - no problems.

rawprawn 14:32 18 Sep 2004

click here I have been using Outlook for the last 4 years but I am very impressed by this free program.

Irishman 14:36 18 Sep 2004

Neither of those will handle Hotmail or Yahoo, at least not without a lot of fiddling but this will

click here

JayDay 14:40 18 Sep 2004

Try Thunderbird. It's free. click here

ePrompter is good for monitoring multiple email accounts, but isn't designed to be an email client.

JayDay 14:42 18 Sep 2004

Thunderbird does work with Yahoo mail. I have set it up no probs.

sellewe 14:42 18 Sep 2004

Thanks for your quick and helpful information. I will try each one except Outlook as I would worry about its security.

Irishman 14:55 18 Sep 2004

Which prog did you use to set up Yahoo with Tbird. I have tried and can't get it to work. Have you ever tried to set up Hotmail on it?

JayDay 15:06 18 Sep 2004

You need to alter your mail options in Yahoo Mail. Go to Mail Options then click on POP Access and Forwarding. Select the option Web & POP Access.

Your incoming server is pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk
Your outgoing server is smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk

You will find further details of setting on a link next to Web & POP Access link.

I have used numerous email clients and have always managed to get my Yahoo Mail. Any probs please contact me.

Irishman 15:11 18 Sep 2004

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?