Recent post about Excel and duplicate entries

exdragon 23:52 28 Jun 2006

My Search facility doesn't seem to be working & I've gone back several pages to find VoG™'s answer to a recent question about removing duplicates from a spreadsheet.

It was using the Data>Filter>Advanced option, then copy unique records only to a new location. I thought I'd done it, but I get the message 'A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references. Verify that your formulas contain a valid path, workbook, range name and cell reference'

I'd like to check VoG™'s instruction to see what I'm doing wrong - can anyone remember where the thread is, please? I don't know what's wrong with the Search box, I can't get the cursor to click in.

Kev.Ifty 01:19 29 Jun 2006
  Kev.Ifty 01:20 29 Jun 2006

Sorry that didnt work.

;-(

exdragon 06:50 29 Jun 2006

Do the day shift have any idea, please? About the post I meant and also why my Searh facility has stopped working? Off to work soo but will try to check in later

Thanks

VoG II 08:58 29 Jun 2006

click here

Strangely enough I was working on an Excel file (Excel 2000) yesterday that contained no external links and just VLOOKUPs to other sheets within the same workbook. When I closed the workbook I got a message that 'A formula in this worksheet contains one or more invalid references. Verify that your formulas contain a valid path, workbook, range name and cell reference'! I closed the file then reopened it and no error message. Weird or what?

exdragon 22:35 29 Jun 2006

Thanks - I was trying to copy to a different worksheet... Should have read your instructions properly, VoG™

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts