Receiving FM Radio on LG V20

woodworm35 21:27 19 Nov 2018

Hi Can anyone help me please, I’m not into the latest mobile phones in fact my old one which has just given up the ghost was an old Nokia 6500 slide.

I’d thought about replacing it with an LG V20 but I’d like to receive FM radio on it without the need to stream much the same as I did with the old phone.

I’m in the UK, with EE and on pay as you go.

Can anyone out there tell if the LG V20 does received FM radio without streaming and if so, is there any particular version I need to buy as there seems to be a lot of conflicting answers I’ve read.

My thanks to anyone who can advise me

wee eddie 21:52 19 Nov 2018

I've just read a Review and there is no mention of Radio, either FM or DAB

wee eddie 12:19 20 Nov 2018

This gives an analysis of the benefits but skirts around the nitty-gritty. e-Bay article It doesn't mention any phone with an FM Chip

Clive of India 16:53 20 Nov 2018

wee eddie

Thanks for your reply, I have read conflicting comments but I have a gut feeling its as you say no FM only if its streamed. If thats the case I'll look for something else also with a removeable battery a rude word these days to the manufactures. They like to hear the words my battery wont charge I guess I need to throw my phone away

Thanks again for your reply

wee eddie 17:23 20 Nov 2018

I found a battery on eBay immediately enter link description here. What's the p[roblem

Secret-Squirrel 09:38 21 Nov 2018

Can anyone out there tell if the LG V20 does received FM radio without streaming

Yes it does have an "old fashioned" FM radio (that uses the earphones cable as the antenna).

wee eddie 11:44 21 Nov 2018

Some reviews mention it, others don't. On balance, it probably does have an FM receiver using the earphones cable as a aerial.

Secret-Squirrel 18:21 21 Nov 2018

There's no "probably" about it Ed. The LG V20 does have a FM radio.

wee eddie 18:30 21 Nov 2018

The only reason I say "on balance" is that its FM Radio capability was not mentioned on the LG Site that I visited

woodworm35 17:08 22 Nov 2018

Hi Guys

Thanks for getting back to me.

Secret Squirrel I was just generalizing when I was talking about replacement batteries, the reason being in my search I was finding phones with FM without the need to stream but to replace the batteries in them seemed a real task. In some videos I’ve watched heat guns were required to get the back off, but when I saw the LG V20, I could see there was no problem with changing battery but I couldn’t seem to see anything about FM radio on it other than streaming, but thank you for the link you gave me.

Ok everyone on here seems to say it does receive FM radio without streaming through earphones acting as an aerial.

As I have previously said I’m in the UK and with EE who do allow phones to pick up FM radio so hopefully that’s all OK, I know some providers don’t.

Can I quiz you all a little further, What LG V20 variant should I buy, it will only be used in the UK.

I’ve seen a list on a site called techwalls, I don’t know how to post the link on this forum as it keeps thinking its spam, but could someone tell me which variant I should be buying. I apologise if it seems a daft question, I guess I just want to make sure I order the correct one, for example I don’t want something in a language I can’t understand.

My thanks again fellas for your help.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel Slate review

Brian Cox-branded beer brings Big Bang beauty to bottles

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment jouer à des jeux de PS2 et PS3 sur PS4 ?