Hot Topics

Reccomendation for .pdf to word converter

john bunyan 15:32 08 Jul 2020
Answered

I have a number of .pdf files that I would like to convert to Word. An example is one of a relative's report to his team leader of a wartime matter. Ideally a freebie programme . Google has a number but a recommendation here would be appreciated

Pine Man 15:53 08 Jul 2020

JB

On the basis you actually have Word why not open your .pdf file with Word?

I just tried it with the latest version of Word and it seemed to work ok.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:26 08 Jul 2020

I use Libreoffice to convert either way, open the file - save as

john bunyan 23:44 09 Jul 2020

Pine Man

If the original was easy to read that might be ok. The .pdf in question is a snip from a photo sent to me by email of a WW2 report. I suspect that I meant an OC R programme

Pine Man 09:59 10 Jul 2020
Answer

I suspect that I meant an OC R programme

Ahhh I haven't used one in years BUT my Canon TS8050 printer/scanner can be used for OCR although I haven't tried it. I suspect most scanners have the ability with the built in software.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft to release Surface Duo on 10 September, starting at US$1,399

Landscape Illustration tips from leading illustrators

How Apple Camp at Home can entertain your kids this summer

iPhone 12 (2020) : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs