reboot on every error

pat2068 22:45 16 Feb 2007

could someone please tell me how to turn of reboot on every error thanks leo

LastChip 22:51 16 Feb 2007

Use the key required to enter your BIOS (often Delete) and you'll find the options in there.

pat2068 23:09 16 Feb 2007

i have went into the BIOS but cannot find anything like reboot on every error any more help please leo

ed-0 23:20 16 Feb 2007

Hi Leo, haven't seen you around for awhile.

Windows errors? Right click my computer > properties > advanced > startup and recovery> take the tick out of automatically restart. OK this.

post the BSOD message, if you get one.

gudgulf 23:20 16 Feb 2007

Click on Start and right click My Computer.Select Properties and then click on Advanced>Start-up and Recovery>Settings.

Remove the tick from Automatically restart.

You computer should now give you a blue screen error on any error rather than restart.

woodchip 23:21 16 Feb 2007

Not sure on this as I have never had any of those problems on XP. But do know that it's not a BIOS thing but a Windows thing. There is a setting that you can change so that it throws up the error message instead of just rebooting. Right click on My computer\Properties and have a look at the settings under the tabs. Cannot assist further as I am my 98se com

pat2068 23:25 16 Feb 2007

thanks everybody for your help ed-0 i done what you said and it worked no probems thanks all leo

ed-0 23:29 16 Feb 2007

gudgulf and woodchip were right on the money to.

where you been leo, we all miss you on the forums:-) Don't leave it to long next time.

woodchip 23:29 16 Feb 2007

Who I was slow Typing, I must be ready for bed.

LastChip 00:00 17 Feb 2007

I misinterpreted your question and thought you meant at boot-up time.

There is in fact an option in the BIOS that comes under "Halt On" and it can be set for; All Errors, No Errors, All but keyboard (normally the default) and a couple of others depending on the configuration.

Sorry if I mislead you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)