Realtek HD onboard audio - no output

beeuuem~2 00:46 05 Mar 2016
Answered

Has anyone ever got Realtek HD onboard audio to work? Running it on XP/W7 and W10 on an MSI 970-G43 motherboard I can't get any output. All the checks show that everything is functioning even as far as the level meter happily showing the analogue output going up and down while playing music - but no sound coming out of any jacks !

There are a million (!) threads on people having problems with this software -but no definitive solutions.

I do have a SoundBlaster sound card which works perfectly and is disabled when trying the on-board sound. I'm contemplating another basic build for a friend, just for browsing and mail, and thought that using the on-board audio would save the cost of a sound card - if it can be made to work.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:00 05 Mar 2016

Works fine on my PC and the previous one.

assuming correct drivers loaded, nothing muted sound level not set to zero, output set to speakers.

make sure realtek speakers set as main audio output. under windows sound manager make sure nothing muted and the same for realtek audio manager

beeuuem~2 13:53 05 Mar 2016

Thank you Fruit Bat /\0/\, I have checked that everything is set to Realtek HD audio, indeed everything defaults to that when it is installed, disabled Soundblaster and nothing is muted. I'm using a 3.5mm stereo plug to output to my HiFi unit.

May I ask which programme you are using to record/play sound?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:11 05 Mar 2016

For recording / editing I use Audacity for playing either windows media player or VLC media player

beeuuem~2 15:15 05 Mar 2016

Thanks for that information, I have been wondering if Soundblaster was in some way interfering with Realtek even when disabled. I'll see if completely removing Soundblaster makes any difference when I have some time - not this afternoon!

beeuuem~2 15:25 07 Mar 2016
Answer

I installed Realtek HD on a clean installation of W7 - still no output after all posibilities explored. A sound card 'sounds' appealing!

wee eddie 16:15 07 Mar 2016

As a matter of interest. What socket are you using, connecting into your Stereo ?

beeuuem~2 19:03 07 Mar 2016

As a general principle the black rear one although you can allocate the output to whichever one you are plugged into. Tried them all - no output on any to speakers or headphones!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Sword and Shield preview

Best Office Chairs for the Studio and Home

macOS Catalina Preview: First look at the new Mac update

Que faire si votre iPad ne se charge pas ?