Really Wierd Outlook Express Problem

DieSse 16:09 26 Jul 2003

Win98 Original + OE Ver6. Was all working fine.

Now, when composing a nes email, all the typing into the various fields is fine, EXCEPT the Subject line.

As a subjct is typed, the cursor lags slightly behind the characters - getting further behind - up to 6 or 7 characters - until about three quarters of the way across, when it jumps back to it's rightful place. It's not slow to catch up - just appears in the wrong place. When trying to delete, the cursor stays in it's incorrect position, just as when entering.

Have reloaded OEV6 - nothing else appears wrong, a new message in Outlook works correctly. I've checked fonts etc etc - but as it's not life -threatening, had to give up on it for now.

Any ideas??

menorcarob2 16:21 26 Jul 2003

have you av software and is it up to date try a scan

DieSse 16:40 26 Jul 2003

Yes we do, yes it is up to date, and no we don't have a virus.

menorcarob2 16:43 26 Jul 2003

try reinstalling oe

bvw in bristol 16:49 26 Jul 2003

Is there a Type and Speak programme loaded which may cause such a problem?

DieSse 17:26 26 Jul 2003

menorcarob2 --- Have done so, as I said.

bvw in bristol --- Don't know - will check - tho' definately not done since it was working. Thanks.

menorcarob2 17:34 26 Jul 2003

must learn to read

beeuuem 18:37 26 Jul 2003

I have a similar problem with OE6 and 98SE. When typing the message the cursor advances a space as each word is typed until it is some 6 places in front of the actual text. Not a major problem unless you make typos and need to delete, when you have to guess what will be deleted.
Will watch all suggestions to see if a solution is offered to DieSse which might work for me.

DieSse 18:24 29 Jul 2003

Just a small uodate.

The problem happens up until the 65th character in the Subject line, then the curson jumps to the correct place.

Checked for speech generation and recognition siftware - but none installed.

Any more pointers anybody - pretty please - otherwise it's back to brute force (reinstall Windows) - but i'd like to know what it is anyway.

bvw in bristol 19:46 29 Jul 2003

We had this before here, 12 or 18 months ago?, trying to remember :o(

spikeychris 19:56 29 Jul 2003

are you using 8 pt Sans
Serif?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?