Really bad problem with pc (PLEASE HELP)

Raze482737 15:25 15 Apr 2018

My pc had really had really bad problems lag,viruses,update fails and many more so I decided to reinstall windows. I formatted the disk then when I noticed that message windows cannot be installed on this disk.when I press details, it reads the selected disk has an MBR partition table on efi systems windows can only be installed to gpt disks. When I click on repair your computer it said that it's not available on this version of Windows PLEASE HELP ME!

rdave13 15:39 15 Apr 2018

How did you format the disk? You need the disk to be GPT not MBR.

rdave13 15:46 15 Apr 2018

With windows 10, during a clean install, it is better to delete all partitions, rather than formatting, to leave one unallocated space to install it to. If you have another PC then connect the drive via a caddy and then use Disk Management to convert back to GPT. Replace it then install Windows 10.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy A9 review: Hands-on

Can the Huawei P20 Pro really replace a digital SLR?

Surface Laptop 2 vs MacBook Pro

Samsung Galaxy S9 vs Sony Xperia XZ3