realcrap1 player

john-232317 16:51 24 Jul 2003

Yesterday my daughter in law came round to do some "learn direct" work on my pc.Being a BBC thing we had to download realplayer "why they cant use windows media player, i dont know".
Anyhow when i went to play my funny vids kept in WMP it cant find them although they still show in the playlist.Audio clips play ok. I have taken realplayer out but still no luck. Does anyone know where WMP stores the files, so i can check if they are still there. win98 wmp7.1 thanks john

spikeychris 17:05 24 Jul 2003

In the search for files and folders box type the below and hit enter.

wmplibrary_v_0_12.db

The reason why the BBC runs with Realplayer is because the grief M$ and the company who created WMP where causing, they where arguing over who owned what and why so and a decision had to be made.

Chris

john-232317 17:20 24 Jul 2003

cheers mate will have a look in a min. Shame about the decision they made, but i spose i will have to suffer and convert...;-)

john-232317 17:52 24 Jul 2003

LIke you said, they are in windows 644KB db file, but gone into explorer and cant find them.

How can i access them to delete them, as its a big file to leave laying about, and i cant watch them through WMP.

thanks john

spikeychris 17:59 24 Jul 2003

John, have you found the file from search for files and folders? if so can you not delete them from there?

Chris

john-232317 18:03 24 Jul 2003

wot a twit, why didnt i think of that....

cheers mate sorted..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts