real player shuts down internet explorer

[DELETED] 20:08 29 Oct 2003

hello again,when i click on real player from desktop i can access it ok but if i click on a real player file on a web site, bbc news for example it connects then i get a message that an error has taken place and must shut down internet explorer.i am running xp pro with internet explorer 6 and the latest real player.i have checked both the settings but dont really know what is right or wrong.i have reinstalled real player a few times,this is the error code. iexplore appver.6.0.2600.0 mod name pnvi 3260dll modver 6.0.3.1265 ofset 00006994 it means nothing to me but thats all the info i have,can any one help please?

[DELETED] 20:29 29 Oct 2003

The only thing I can think of, is that whilst you may have the realplayer programme, you might not have the realplayer pluggin. Or you may have certain media functions turned off in IE?

[DELETED] 20:34 29 Oct 2003

just remembered i have the free zone alarm but i have had it for ages,i have also turned it off but no change

[DELETED] 22:29 30 Oct 2003

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple