Reading AOL email without AOL

Prewch 18:22 27 Mar 2006

I have removed AOL from my computer but kept the AOL PFC. Is there any way I can now read those old saved emails without using an AOL browser?

I have tried Thunderbird but it only reads emails that came via AOL 5 but not AOL 9.

Any ideas?

hzhzhz 21:07 27 Mar 2006

You can acces your Aol email by going to click here Mail then sign in. I apologise if I've misunderstood what your after.

hzhzhz 21:09 27 Mar 2006

Sorry thats not supposed to be a link. go to aol.com

Koochy 23:38 27 Mar 2006

I have AOHELL 9 at home but at work we use the company isp and IE 6 but i am still able to access email at work by going to aol.co.uk Then signing in and using the Email tab

Prewch 08:52 28 Mar 2006

Sorry guys. I forgot to mention that I am not a subscriber to AOL any more so going via the email tab on their website with my old screen name and password does not work.

Any more ideas?

micklemouse 10:08 28 Mar 2006

Maybe the answer to your question is 'no'?

click here

Diemmess 10:31 28 Mar 2006

If you are no longer a subscriber and have uninstalled Aol, then the baby has gone down the plug with the bathwater.

Finding data with a valid Aol is difficult enough since most of it in found under c:\Docs&Settings\All users\Application data\Aol\C_aol 9.0\organize\ ..... and some pretty incomprensible stuff in enormous files.

I think a saved PFC will be just a reference index, the rest may have been deleted.

carper 11:05 28 Mar 2006

Just a thought. Have you tried this.
click here
You might just be lucky.
Regards Carper

Prewch 11:16 28 Mar 2006

Hi again and thanks for suggestions; even the gloomy ones.

I just thought that since Thunderbird is able to read the really old emails (AOL5 vintage) saved in the PFC/Organise then another reader might be able to access the newer stuff sent and received when I was using AOL 9 which are there in the same PFC.

Regards

prewch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?