Raspberry Pi recommendations to improve code skill

collinsc 18:23 27 Nov 2019

Hi

Does anyone have experience of Raspberry Pi's?

I'm looking to get a Rasbperry Pi to improve my coding skills- I would appreciate any suggestions on which version to get.

Im very new to development (Java, Javascript, REACT). I dont have a particular project in mind, just something that will help me with my development skills.

thanks!

Jollyjohn 12:33 28 Nov 2019

Any Raspberry Pi will do you. A Pi Zero is very small but this doesn't limit it's functionality. The latest is the Pi 4. Model A and B versions can be picked up cheap on eBay.

Main consideration is a good power supply. A standard phone charger fits all except the new pi 4, that's USB C, but you need at least 2amps output.

I run my Pi's "headless" That is I set them up initially connected to a keyboard mouse and screen with a wifi dongle - set a static ip address - then use SSH and VNC viewer to connect to the PI from my PC.

collinsc 18:10 28 Nov 2019

thanks very much - ill look up those models.

collinsc 18:15 28 Nov 2019

jollyjohn - does this model seem ok? click here

thanks

Jollyjohn 12:01 29 Nov 2019

Yes that looks OK but I have never bothered with a cooling fan on any of my Pi's

collinsc 21:35 01 Dec 2019

thanks again

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The new Xbox is called the Xbox Series X

The best new design books

Mac Pro 2019 release date, price, features & specs

Amazon : plein de r├ęductions sur des produits Logitech G