Hi,hope some one can help me quickly here. My problem is with Rasman and the `Error 711 access denied` problem as mentioned here: click here I have tried all the recomendations here and still I can not get the system to make a dial up conection. I have tried reinstalling the system from every angle save format and start again which is NOT an option (you guessed, no backup!!) I have tried XP home original disk and then gone through the updates (SP1 then 2), tried XP home with SP1 on same disk and then upgraded with SP2. I have even tried replacing the Rasman files from the command prompt......HELP PLEASE as I am now stumped.
No it was not a virus (well I dont believe it was!!) The system has AVG runnung on it and a check with online scanners said no virus. It was working and then I ran Adaware and spybot as I could not get SP2 to install and thought it might be trojans or something. SP2 loaded after removing approx 25 spy/malware with the above but then noticed that ALL dialups had disapeard. Tried sys restore but no good.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.