Rapport not function since firefox latest update

RISC OS user 15:37 24 Nov 2017
Answered

Still having problems after I have succeeded to re-install Rapport on my Windows 10 PC. The greyed out icon appears in the top right next the URL Window in Chrome but when clicked I only see a white box without the necessary information in it. The icon never changes to Green. Also when using Firefox the icon may be grey or green but neither give a dialogue box of any kind and only Co-operative Bank and Nationwide Building Society give a green icon all my other financial service companies give a grey icon and again no dialogue box. I have installed the latest Chrome and Firefox which your site inform me that they are compatible. I have been using Trusteer Rapport for may years and have had very few problems. I believe the trouble started when Firefox updated to the latest version a few days ago. Help please.

difarn 16:07 24 Nov 2017

Have you updated to the new Trusteer Rapport extension for Firefox? There is a link on the Trusteer Site.

click here

RISC OS user 17:11 24 Nov 2017

Thank you for your reply, I believe I have. sorry to say your link just takes me back to here!

wee eddie 19:33 24 Nov 2017

Rapport slowed my PC to a crawl.

polymath 10:56 26 Nov 2017
Answer

It slowed mine to stationary (even hogging my Resource Meter's resources). And (as far as I could discover) all for an 'extra layer of security' that consisted of telling me what I aleady knew, that I'd entered the same password I'd used in some other place demanding one, that would have been perfectly safe without them. (And it was a long struggle nailing the culprit).

But it did seem to be problem-free for some people (never did find out what made the difference).

RISC OS user 11:06 26 Nov 2017

Thank you all for your replies, I am still awaiting a reply from Rapport, not just their automated response!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi A3 Release Date, Price & Specification Rumours

HP Z27 Monitor Review

Best Apple Deals of Amazon Prime Day 2019

Les bons plans tablettes (2019)