random screen freezes and BSOD

[email protected] 16:14 30 Nov 2015

**random screen freezes and BSOD, even after multiple clean reinstallation of Windows; TipTap.exe – error; /scf scannow not possible**

Hello,

I get randomly screen freezes followed by a BSOD (sometimes I can only use the mouse), most of the time saying CRITICAL PROCESS DIED (or sometimes, UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION or KERNEL …).

Then the PC restarts, Windows is loading (much longer), it interrupts and PC crashes, restarts again, bios stops loading and the message “bootmgr …” or similar occurs, as I can remember. OR when the PC restarts after the BSOD, the bios messages “Reboot and Select proper Boots device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key”.

This is happening for 3-4 months (PRBOBLEM1). Since that, I have done a lot to try to fix, with no success.

I.

Firstly, I changed my motherboard with new processor and ram sticks, (also because it was time to update the old components), the other components remain. Additionally I bought a new SSD:

Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L – M/USB3

RAM: 2 x 4 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 MHz

CPU: AMD FX-6300 (not overclocked)

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

HDD: WD Caviar Green 1TB

However, the problem has remained, as like the problem had transferred from the old to the new build. Therefore my conclusion was, that the HDD could somehow cause the exception. So I had unplugged the HDD, still the BSOD came up after a while. I have run the disk doctor by AVG TuneUp Utilities with the result, HDD and SSD are working fine. The disk doctor wanted me to restart the pc, so it can scan and fix the disks when loading Windows. I restarted the pc and the message below the loading icon of Windows right before logging in appears and says something like “scan and fix disk”.

Since that this message doesn’t disappear or to be more precise, after every start it starts to scan and fix the disk, EVEN when I had clean reinstalled Windows and NOT having this program installed anymore (PROBLEM2).

II.

I tried to fix the problem by clean reinstalling Windows multiple times. At the beginning Windows 7 Professional N, then Windows 10 (Multiple Editions), afterwards Windows 10 (Multiple Editions) Debug/Checked. Now back to Windows 10 (Multiple Editions). (I am a student and I got those ISOs from my university). After every successful installation of Windows, I updated Windows.

When I was starting to install the Debug/Checked Version, the TabTip.exe – Error came up (PROBLEM3). I have canceled the installation to fix this. After researching, I found out, that it could be replaced by a virus or the registry with the DLLs could has caused those problems. So I have run Avast, Malwarebytes and AVG TuneUp Utilities. Avast found nothing, in contrast to Malwarebytes, saying, that also some of the .dll – files are contaminated. The AVG TuneUp Utilities had found a lot of issues in the registry and it should be fixed by now. I started the installation again, and the TabTip.exe – Error came up, as nothing has changed. I cancelled it again and run those programs again, coming up with similar results.

Because I couldn’t find the solution for PROBLEM3, I ignored the TabTip.exe to finally start the installation. Before, I have cleaned the disks and created new partitions with the hope that all settings and data, including the possibly faulty registry and DLLs, are deleted. After installing, PROBLEM1 and PROBLEM2 still remain. So I clean reinstalled the Debug Version again and PROBLEM3 came up again. To ignore PROBLEM3, I have installed the normal version of Windows 10 (Multiple Editions) and I am back at the start position.

III:

I tried to “scf /scannow” in CMD, but it interrupts due to an error (PROBLEM4). I have also been in the safe mode, but the BSOD, saying CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, came up again. I also tried to run the PC with only 1 RAM stick. It lasts longer, but still BSOD, saying KERNEL …. I can’t hear any beep-sounds, because my case isn’t able to do it.

Thanks in advance!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:29 30 Nov 2015

The AVG TuneUp Utilities had found a lot of issues in the registry and it should be fixed by now. rubbish to make you buy the full version.

Its sounding like a bad hard drive boot to command prompt and run chkdsk /f/r

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)