Random Popping Sound when playing MKV files

friendlyJai 08:02 08 May 2018

I have a Sony Smart Bluray player and have a USB 3.0 device connected that contains my MKV video files. I also have an AV Receiver (YAMA-RXV377-BLK). I have my TV connected to the Bluray Player, which is connected to the HDMI out Audio Return Channel (ARC) on the AV Receiver.

So I get my sound through the HDMI cable. I've noticed on some files a random popping sound. If I rewind and reply it does not occur again in the same place. I am in the process of compressing my files, which includes the audio. I convert to AAC as read this is more efficient then AC3. I wonder if this is the problem.

Some of the films contain DTS audio and the rest seem to be mostly AC3. I could keep the original audio file and Mux it back into the newly compressed H264 video file if I knew that this was the problem.

Anyone any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance James

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What to do if you're affected by the Intel Foreshadow flaw

How To Master The Curvature Pen Tool

Beats Studio 3 Wireless review

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs