Random freezes and reboots wind8.1

Karel Gysel 13:00 26 Jan 2018

Hello,

First of all some history about this problem I have. it started around 2-3 years ago when i was playing a game that i would get sudden frame drops (from 200fps to 12-15 fps) for 2/3 seconds. the problem there was that my power suply (was a cheap one) couldn't give enough power to support it. after i replaced it with a better PSU this problem was gone but another problem accured. I had random freezes and bluescreens. i was using windows 7 at that time. after checking all my hardware, updating my bios, drivers and hd firmware nothing came out as a sollution. so i upgraded to windows 10. the upgrade was fine for the first 2 months but after those 2 months i got the same problems. sudden freeze into BSOD with KMODE Exception. this went on for some time. i did a full check of the hardware, i ran /sfc scannow and no problems were detected. i ran malware bytes / antivirus for possible virusses but nothing came up. so i thought that the problem could be comming from my motherboard/processor or GPU so this summer i bought a new motherboard(specs will be bellow this text) new processor, new gpu, new ram. after all this my pc didnt crash for 2 weeks. (clean instal of windows was put on). but after 2 weeks i got new crashes. so the only thing i could really chance was my SSD wich was running my operation system. so i chanced that to a 256G SSD with again a new instal of windows. this worked good for several weeks until i got new freezes and BSOD. so I decided to give my PC to my father in law who fixes PC's in his spare time and he did a full check as well and found out that there was no problem with the windows but with my RAM memory. (corsair vengance LP 8 GB DDR3. telling this now because currently i'm running on my old ram). so after i swapped it and went back home with all of it thinking it was fixed. well i was wrong. So thinking maybe the other RAM would be faulty to i swapped that for my old ram(specs bellow). even when this didn't fix anything i removed my old HD from 1TB because that was the only thing i didnt swap. But even this didnt fix the issue. so i downgraded to windows 8.1 because i was convinced that windows 10 didn't run smoothly on my PC. (slow boot, etc.) after this clean instal of windows my pc was working perfectly for more than 2 months until it suddenly froze and rebooted. it took ages to reboot and now it frequently just freezes but i has no more BSOD just a freeze and then it reboots. So i'm running out of options now. i dont want to invest in a new pc because it practicly is one but i want to find the flaw in the system. is there someone out there that could help me ?

Thanks in advance Karel PC Specs: CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 4.00GHZ RAM: EVO LEGEVVA GEIL 8G GPU: GTX 1060 Nvidea Motherboard: M5A97EVO R2

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Iglooghost's hyper new music video gives a mutant take on Monument Valley

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Comment ajouter de la musique à une présentation Google Slides ?