Random Ethernet Disconnects. Windows 7

WintersVakarian 13:23 23 Feb 2019

Hello everyone, thanks for your help in advance.

Its been already several months in which ive been having what seems "random" ethernet disconnects. I tried everything. Completely erased and reinstalled ethernet drivers, changed the cable itself, ran troubleshooting. Even ran a Complete Internet Repair tool. No luck. I tested the connection for several days using my laptop with ethernet. Not a single disconnect happened.

Now, ive been checking the event viewer. At the time of the disconnects, there is a recurring event. - Microsoft Software Key Storage Provider seems to be doing... something. Its not an error, as it appears just to be a validation check. Now, I dont know if this is cause or consequence to my problem.

Any ideas? Thanks again.

difarn 17:26 23 Feb 2019

Have you checked in Power Management to see if the device is being switched off to save power?

Device Manager - Expand Network Adapters - right click adapter - click Properties - click Power Management tab - clear Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

WintersVakarian 14:58 24 Feb 2019

Yes, saw that already. Its unticked. My drivers are up to date. I even update my BIOS drivers just in case. Any other ideas? Thanks!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The best of Gamescom 2019

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs smartphones incassables (2019)