Hot Topics

Random Ethernet Disconnects. Windows 7

WintersVakarian 13:23 23 Feb 2019

Hello everyone, thanks for your help in advance.

Its been already several months in which ive been having what seems "random" ethernet disconnects. I tried everything. Completely erased and reinstalled ethernet drivers, changed the cable itself, ran troubleshooting. Even ran a Complete Internet Repair tool. No luck. I tested the connection for several days using my laptop with ethernet. Not a single disconnect happened.

Now, ive been checking the event viewer. At the time of the disconnects, there is a recurring event. - Microsoft Software Key Storage Provider seems to be doing... something. Its not an error, as it appears just to be a validation check. Now, I dont know if this is cause or consequence to my problem.

Any ideas? Thanks again.

difarn 17:26 23 Feb 2019

Have you checked in Power Management to see if the device is being switched off to save power?

Device Manager - Expand Network Adapters - right click adapter - click Properties - click Power Management tab - clear Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

WintersVakarian 14:58 24 Feb 2019

Yes, saw that already. Its unticked. My drivers are up to date. I even update my BIOS drivers just in case. Any other ideas? Thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor Magic Watch 2 review

Salmon, space dogs, skeletons: The Chemical Brothers' greatest music videos

Comment regarder les Oscars 2020 ?