Random computer restarts whilst playing games

mellie smith 18:07 26 Jan 2018

I use my computer for playing games such as LoL and Overwatch primarily, but worth noting that Overwatch is the most 'intensive' game i play.

For the last 4 months sometimes my computer would randomly restart in the middle of playing Overwatch every so often for a reason that I just don't know. It's very irritating, and would eventually start to happen a little bit more frequently. It got to the stage where it would happen nearly once every time i would play Overwatch, which i thought was absolutely ridiculous. I still didn't know the reason for this restarting business so i tried asking around. Someone recommended that perhaps dust build-up was affecting the the temperature, and i hadn't cleaned it out for some time so that's exactly what i did. I also got help optimising some little things (although i'm not sure what, a friend did it for me) to try help out. At first it seemed to work, but in the last month the issue has gotten even worse. It never used to happen whilst playing league, but it's now at the stage where it will randomly restart around the first 2 hours into playing any game straight, nearly every day. I've also tried updating all of my drivers.

I desperately need help, as believe me when i say that I know hardly anything about computers at all, so any help i receive will need to be SUPER EASY for a beginner that doesn't know what they're doing. I hope that there is an inexpensive or relatively cheap way to fix this. If it helps, I can list my components, but by no means is this a high end gaming pc:

Operating system: Windows 10 64 bit.

CPU: AMD A10-7890K.

RAM: 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 797MHz (11-11-11-28).

Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. A68HM-PLUS (FM2+ ).

Graphics: ASUS VP228 ([email protected]) 1024MB ATI AMD Radeon R7 Graphics (ASUStek Computer Inc).

Storage: 931GB Seagate ST1000DX001-1NS162 (SATA).

Optical Drives: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSD0.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Iglooghost's hyper new music video gives a mutant take on Monument Valley

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Comment ajouter de la musique à une présentation Google Slides ?