Random Blackouts

Crazygeorge3 21:08 01 May 2007

Hey,
I recently upgraded to windows vista Ultimate 64Bit from Windows XP Media centre edition. At first everything was fine. Then i installed a video game. It came up with an error invlovling Directx 9.0c so i reinstalled it. Ever since i have been getting random short Screen blackouts. They last for a second then it returns to normal. After a while they stop but they happen frequently at startup. I reinstalled DX9 again however there is no change
Why is this? any ideas?
Thanks very much

Technotiger 23:18 01 May 2007

Hi, only guessing, but I suspect that you might have been better-off getting the 32Bit version rather than the 64Bit. If you Google "Vista 32bit or 64bit" you might get more detailed information.

woodchip 23:26 01 May 2007

I would like to know, as I have started getting them on Win98se just the odd one now and again. Only on the Internet

phono 23:41 01 May 2007

I would imagine that there is absolutely nothing in common with your problem and that of Crazygeorge3.

The two OSs are several generations apart and Crazygeorge3's is 64Bit, so I would doubt if either had much in common.

Having said that, we are talking about Windows.

phono 22:42 02 May 2007

I would suggest that as this is a Directx 9.0c error you should check your video and soundcard drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?